Home | Home Education | Parties

Liberty Hill House has MOVED!!!
Check our our newest posts at www.LibertyHillHouse.com

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Learning to see

Vision is something I take for granted. I can see. I don't think about it, I just do it.

Things aren't quite as easy for my daughter. We found out a few months ago that she has several vision problems, none of which involve poor eyesight. Her eyesight itself is actually rather good, as is her comprehension of what she reads, but the process of making her eyes work together is what she struggles with. She crosses her eyes a tiny bit (just like her Grandpa), has trouble tracking (following from one letter to the next), struggles with quickly discerning one shape from another, and a bunch of other issues to a lesser degree. The good news is that she is getting better, much better.

When we started vision therapy I didn't expect much, but I was desperate to find a way to make reading easier for her. Her frustration at "simple" tasks was obvious, and painful to watch.
But now look at this little lady! She is voluntarily picking up tasks that require those vision skills we have been working so hard to help her develop.

I'm a proud momma!

No comments: