Home | Home Education | Parties

Liberty Hill House has MOVED!!!
Check our our newest posts at www.LibertyHillHouse.com

Monday, October 27, 2008

Educational WebSites


My youngest sister has asked for references to some of the educational sites that I use for my kids. Rather than enter all of the info into a e-mail, I thought it might be easier for her to access it here.   Plus, this way, when my computer decides to quit on me (as all computers eventually do) I'll be able to find my favorite places again.

This is IN NO WAY an exhaustive list - there are tons of resources out there.  These are just the bookmarked sites that I visit most often.

Enjoy browsing!

Unit Studies (this is my favorite teaching method - one topic for 1-6 weeks)
Currclick - you will have to register, but it doesn't cost anything


Printables
Handwriting for Kids - customizable worksheets in several sizes
Donna Young - planning forms and maps

Math
SchoolExpress - lots of fun pictures, more than just black & white numbers

History

Phonics

Science
Virtual Human Body Tour - the link to the tour is within the lesson plan

Art/Music/Poetry
Family Fun Magazine - use the search bar on the top right
Strings in the Mountains - story of Mozart

Lesson Plans (Scope & Sequence)

No comments: